Admissions & Fees
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Choosing a high school for your daughter is an exciting and challenging process. It may also be the first step in an educational journey that influences the rest of her life. Book a tour to find out more. REGISTER ONLINE
We consider the admissions process at St Anne’s College to be a vital part of that journey and we are here to help you, as a family, explore everything that the College has to offer. Book a tour to find out more. REGISTER ONLINE
ENTRY INTO GRADE 8 (Form 2)
The admissions process for entry into Grade 8 (Form 2) commences in January of your daughter’s Grade 7 year.
REGISTRATION FOR GRADE 8 (2019) CLOSED ON 23 MARCH 2018.
The process involves:
- submission of a copy of your daughter’s end-of-Grade 6 school report
- an interview with the College Head, involving you and your daughter
- an overnight stay and participation in our Academic Benchmarking Tests (English and Mathematics). This normally occurs in the first half of May. Provision is made for girls to write the Tests outside the country, provided the previous two points have been addressed
- written confirmation of acceptance of an offer of enrolment at St Anne’s, together with payment of an Enrolment Fee, by the due date
- completion of an Enrolment Contract and submission thereof by the due date
An Admissions Selection Committee considers various criteria when offering a girl admission to St Anne’s.
The admission criteria include:
- results in the Academic Benchmarking Tests
- the quality of her Grade 6 report
- notes made after the interview with the College Head
- family ties
- a girl’s special talents
- the specific needs of the College
TERMLY, WEEKLY or DAY BOARDING
Which option is for you?
View Boarding Zones Map
- Boarding intake: approximately 60% Termly Boarders and 40% Weekly Boarders
- Weekly Boarding is applicable, at the discretion of the College, only to girls whose permanent home address is within an approximate 100km radius of the College (for example, Umhlanga, Isipingo, Estcourt and Bulwer)
- Day Boarders – a minimum of 16% of the total intake each year. This group forms a very important part of the St Anne’s community and generally benefits from the fact that St Anne’s is a boarding school
A number of BURSARIES are available to parents who cannot afford the full fees. Bursary Application Forms are available upon request from the Admissions Office once your daughter has been registered. Bursary Application Forms for GRADE 8 are available from February of your daughter’s Grade 7 year. 2019 bursary applications should be submitted by 20 April 2018.
These applications are assessed by a separate Bursary Committee which works independently from the Admissions Committee. Bursaries are awarded based solely on financial need.Request Bursary Application Forms
DISCONTINUATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The St Anne’s Board supported a proposal that from 2015, St Anne’s no longer offers any new scholarships. The bulk of the money has instead be used to fund bursaries, which are awarded on the basis of financial need.
Contact Admissions Register Online Download the Current Fees Form Download the Prospectus
FOR ENTRY IN TO HIGHER GRADES (FORM 3 AND ABOVE):
Initial contact should be made with staff in the Admissions office – either verbally, or by email. This will establish whether or not to continue with an application. If an application is made, the following documents should be submitted to the Admissions office:
- a Registration Form and registration fee payment details;
- the applicant’s latest full end-of-year report;
- any subsequent reports;
- the applicant’s CV;
- any supporting documents, certificates or references for recent achievements;
- a covering letter from the applicant’s parents outlining their reasons for considering a move to St Anne’s.
The application will then be assessed for possible addition to the Waiting List.